Has the world gone mad over a color of a dress?

Feb 28, 2015

The world has gone mad... Arguing and debating on what the color of a dress is. I read from somewhere that the world is now also divided by "the white and gold" and the "blue and black" groups, aside from being divided by religion, race, color, and politics.

The most surprising thing about this, mainstream media jumped on the bandwagon and the news and internet were all awashed with a "nonsense" material for a day. And I was evenly surprised that people were lured into it... Flooding the net with opinions, their take on the color, and even scientific studies on why the color of a dress is "like this" and "like that"!

My take on this? I don't care what color it was... I have totally no interest about it.

However, I really find it amusing to see so many people swallowed by such a very trivial, unimportant, insignificant item.

I want to know the psychological aspect of this phenomenon why people often ride on the "bandwagon" and why they take the hook, line, and sinker of any thing that is "trending"... Our term in Tagalog is " nakiki-uso". I did remember an article that it's all about "fitting in" or being part of a group or community. Humans, like most animals, are social creatures, not "lone rangers". If a group of people starts doing things, others follow to fit in with the group, regardless of what that "thing" they were doing was all about.

And this, my friends, is what I find most interesting...!

No comments:

Post a Comment