Humor me...! Where in Heaven's Name is the Forum You are Talking About?

Mar 9, 2015
"I will answer all the allegations brought against me in the proper forum..."

The most common response made by those implicated in graft and corruption. If they find the Senate investigations and the Sandiganbayan or Ombudsman as not the appropriate "forums" to explain their side... What and where is the "forum" that they are talking about?

Most politicians I know always talk vaguely and without clarity and in some cases, throw the ball to their "paid" audience. We've heard it a thousand times and a thousand times questions remained unanswered as well because of a "forum" that seems to have become a mythical venue like the fabled lost city of Atlantis!
They might be referring to the Roman public place where they can defend themselves against public opinion. A place where no one can directly ask questions, a place where the mob rules, a place where the "paid" audience can muffle the sound of those who are really seeking for the truth! As far as I am concerned, such a public forum only exist in the minds of those who are unable to defend themselves appropriately because they are guilty!

They have no words for explanation and will prefer the rhetoric "I will answer all the allegations brought against me in the proper forum..." which simply means "I invoke my right against self-incrimination"! Apparently, the forum they seek is not a place where they will answer the allegations brought against them. It is a place where no one can search or go to. It is an Eden nowhere to be found... The Olympus where the truths are safely kept... It is but the Underworld where no one will dare to tread on.

The next time I hear such a rhetoric coming from the mouths of those implicated, I now understand its real meaning... And wait no longer for any answers from the one who spoke it!

(Photo courtesy of blog.neocamino.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment