Valentine's Day: Why I don't need it!

Feb 13, 2015

I am not fond of having a day dedicated to celebrate something for a simple reason: Every day is a day of celebration with the loved ones and friends!

I can bring my wife and/or family anytime to dine out, watch movies, go somewhere on a trip, give them flowers or gifts, or just stroll around and enjoy being together. I don't need a Valentine's day simply because I am already doing it all year round...!

Enterprises make profits during "dedicated days" and so many people are "willingly trapping" themselves into thinking that such a day is a special day. As a result, chaos! Prices go up, restaurants get fully reserved, traffic gets heavy, and majority are pressured to post something in their social network to show the world that they spent their Valentines day with "love".

No comments:

Post a Comment